Author Topic: New Catagory, Two forums  (Read 23117 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 01:52:42 PM »
I made a lovely salad with the wee nordic shrimp, by the way. 1lb of frozen wee nordic shrimp, heated in a bit of olive oil and garlic. Poured the liquid off to make rice: a small glass (like a little wine glass or juice glass, less than a cup) of basmati rice, some safran I had left over from a paella, the liquid from the shrimp. Added fresh parsley and some fresh broad beans (gourganes) I had previously shelled - both the pod and internal skin - and simmered. Very, very tasty.

What does it take to be an NDP hack? Don't I have to join the NPD first? Or is just voting for them, as I did in the last Federal elections, enough?
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Caissa

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »
I think the odds of the Greens winning a seat nationally and the NDP winning a seat in Quebec, in the next Federal election are about comparable.

I wonder who the next Green Leader will be after May loses in Central Nova.

Croghan27

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 02:10:15 PM »
But John_D, you simply cannot throw grammar and punctuation out the window. Heck, if we voted for such a party, we might as well just tear up the Geneva Conventions and fuggaid all aboudit.

correct, eph - perhaps we should start a "punctuation, tools; and - syntax for to aids" Party?  :ducking:
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

swallow

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 03:12:51 PM »
Quote from: John_D
I plan to vote for the CAPS LOCK PARTY. You can tell they're serious, because the party's name is in ALL CAPITALS. Any Canadian who wants to see an end to our 130 year battle with lower case letters should vote CAPS LOCK.

Now THAT is worth Rhino cred.

DBO, thanks for the Chatouille info! My favourite Rhino was Jean-Claude "Stardust" Gouin, who promised to roof the Olympic Stadium using magic. "Poof! You have a roof!"
"You cursed brat. Look what you\'ve done. I\'m melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?"

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 03:45:18 PM »
Housekeeping: clean-up in aisle 3.

Sheesh. You go for a wee nap, and you wake up thinking you're back at babble or EM or sumpin'.

Man, do I love dictatorship or what.

New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »
Yes, thanks for those links, dBO. I laughed my head off through the entire Wikipedia article.

New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
Quote from: skdadl
Sheesh. You go for a wee nap, and you wake up thinking you're back at babble or EM or sumpin'.

What? You dared to nap? And here I am desperately fighting sleep so that I can socialize with the likes of 'just anybody' on BnR.  :annoyed:

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 03:53:17 PM »
How's the wee James, eph?

Does he like computers? Are you teaching him how to surf yet?

Boom Boom

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 03:54:34 PM »
I have a short nap after lunch every day.  :age:

New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 03:58:53 PM »
My beatiful boy is out for a walk with dad and big bro. I get to rest for two days because I had to go shopping with baby and umberella and then cook dinner last night.

I don't know if he likes the computer. He has stared at it, perhaps with curiosity. But sometimes, I wonder if he gets jealous and resents not getting my undivided attention when I'm holding him and surfing at the same time. That's when he gets the crankiest!

deBeauxOs

New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 03:59:25 PM »
eheheheh .... I wonder if fern hill is enjoying this thread, if you catch my drift ...  
:ducking:

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
Naps are good, as long as you don't leave them too late. Take a nap in late afternoon, and you will spoil your sleep, or at least that is how it works for me.

I take two kinds of naps. There's the "I have to get my neck and shoulders realigned so that I'm not in excruciating pain" nap, which lasts about twenty minutes, and is really more like accessing the alpha waves without actually falling asleep.

And then there's the "I did enough this morning; I deserve a nap" nap, which is maybe more like forty-five minutes. Longer than that is dangerous. Longer than that is called sleep, and sleep now can ruin sleep later.

RP.

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 04:22:29 PM »
Can we get back to planning the NDP genocide of dopers?

lagatta

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 04:52:37 PM »
So the Drug War is "dippers vs dopers"?

I'm still trying to apply this paragdim to Outremont...
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

anne cameron

• View Profile
New Catagory, Two forums
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »
My only quibble with the CAPS LOCK party is that I am, by nature, upbringing and insistant self control, basically a very modest person, humble and self-effacing and CAPSLOCK seems so, well, you know, out front and attention demanding and , like, well, you know what i mean, eh?

CAPSLOCK might lead to militarism and imperialism and jeebus, things of which we dare not speak.

y'know?

oh goody, a sea plane is coming in for a landing.  Maybe it's Oprah..she was at Alert Bay last week, with Jimmy Pattison.  She signed autographs, had her picture taken with scads of folks, was very friendly, impressed most of the people.

Jimmy, well, nobody noticed him.

Return To TAT