Author Topic: The Daily Asshole  (Read 32387 times)

Croghan27

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2007, 02:24:53 PM »
crogh is feeling like a very manly kind of man this morning - I wrote this tune to prove it.  :spy:
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

k'in

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 06:39:58 PM »
Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan.

TORONTO - Ontario Finance Minister Dwight Duncan was surprisingly "sexist" and lacking in judgment earlier this week when he playfully described himself as the "non-sexy" alternative to a female cabinet colleague in front of a gathering of the province's top business leaders, women's rights advocates and critics said Friday.

"It's hard being the non-sexy MPP from Windsor," Duncan - speaking Wednesday at the Ontario Economic Summit - said as he jokingly compared himself with Sandra Pupatello, a fellow Liberal from Windsor who recently served as the provincial minister responsible for women's issues.

"She's got better legs, what can I say?"

Duncan went on to describe Pupatello as a "terrific partner" who's doing a "great job" in her current role as minister of economic development and trade.

The line got big laughs, albeit a few raised eyebrows, and Duncan described it as little more than self-deprecating teasing between close friends. But women's advocates in particular are decrying the remarks as a disgraceful indication that politics remains an "old boy's club."

:rant2:

Who knew a chick with nice legs could do a "great job"?  Condescending asshole.

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 07:11:05 PM »
That is a classic way of undercutting a competent woman. Prove you can do the job, and some of the guys know only one way to cope. That's when they'll tell you how cute you are. They think that will make us collapse in blushes and simpering smiles, and unfortunately, they are often right.

Get out the nutcrackers, grils.   :rant2:

anne cameron

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »
WHERE did I put that damned elastrator?

Go ahead, asshole, sing now!  Soprano, no less.

kuri

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 09:52:19 AM »
A column from a Mr. Ted Safran in the Times Online "womans" section chatises British women for failing to spend as much time and money on their "upkeep" as American ladies.

I am a massive fan of British women. UK girls, in my opinion, are the greatest natural beauties in the world . . . I then went away to Philadelphia for university. Four years later, I came back and wondered: “What the hell happened to all the beautiful girls I knew?” My first assumption was that one half of them had eaten the other half and washed them down with a crate of lager. These girls looked phenomenal when looking good took no effort. But when British women get to the age where they have to make an effort, they appear unable, or uninterested, in rising to the challenge.

Oh yeah, step up UK ladies! :roll:

I'm going to quote myself from DollyMix, because, well, I can.  :twisted:

OK, that column was hilarious! This guy is obviously suffering from some serious cognitive dissonance!

[quote:cdzkpvxl]I’m not saying that I’m the greatest prize out there, but at least I’d put on a clean shirt, shaved and brushed my teeth.

So, I guess that's all it takes, eh? That's a far cry from spending 750 quid per year on exercise boot camps and various hair removal and/or colouring treatments. Perhaps Mr. Safran needs to re-evaluate his investments in his upkeep. Maybe them he wouldn't be so suprised when in situations like the following:

I could not believe it. She was selling ME to HER!?

Dude, maybe you could use the pitch! You're certainly not doing yourself any favours when you describe your dates as 'orcs'. And if it seems like American ladies are focusing too much on your money, maybe that's because there probably isn't that much in the personality or looks department. Better work on getting a platinum Amex, if you're planning on maintaining an unnatural beauty routine, especially after the "mommy makeover" and several boob lifes and face lifts are added to the tab.

Wow. I have a strong feeling Mr. Safran's experience of both the US and the UK is limited to a very narrow class grouping.[/quote:cdzkpvxl]

lagatta

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2007, 10:08:38 AM »
Yes, the amount he says US women spend on "upkeep" is a lot more than many have after taxes, than most have after bills, mortgage or rent, and other essentials. What codswallop.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Gigi

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 11:07:45 AM »
What I find even more annoying is the idea that putting on makeup is about HIM.

I rarely do it these days, but trust me, when I do, it's unlikely to be for the benefit of a man.

Gigi

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 04:35:57 PM »
Dudes.  We have this category, why aren't we using it?

;-)

Dave

• View Profile
    • http://www.thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com
Raphael Alexander strikes again
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 08:45:08 PM »
I present, for consideration of the Posse, the following piece of shyte and ask who wishes to cut it to tiny little ribbons?

I will also be sending the link to an old friend.... Amanda Marcotte.
6 percent of the world\'s population cannot impose it\'s will on the other 94 percent. There cannot be an American solution for every problem. John F. Kennedy

matttbastard

• Fuck with me and FIND OUT.
    • View Profile
    • http://bastardlogic.wordpress.com
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »
:spit:

I don't think there will be even shreds left after Amandapanda is done.

:popcorn
I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.

deBeauxOs

Re: Raphael Alexander strikes again
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 11:43:08 PM »
Quote from: Dave
I present, for consideration of the Posse, the following piece of shyte and ask who wishes to cut it to tiny little ribbons?...
In the responses to JJ's latest blog entry, RA makes a plea for restoring the blogosphere to a "medium in which rational ideas and topics can be discussed in good faith."  He also promotes his own current blog, and asks JJ to look it over, because he's "interested to get a feminists response to it."
WTF?  :rant2:  That's his notion of good faith?  :evil:

anne cameron

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 12:10:28 AM »
I didn't bother going over to read his tripe.  We've heard it before.  Oh woe the nuclear family.  Well, things nuclear do tend to blow up.  Too bad about the fallout, but...

I really do not believe there has been such a thing as "nuclear family" for any appreciable amount of time.  I could probably pin it down to a certain decade or two, but why bother, jeebus, those who deny the evidence of their own eyes and ears aren't going to have some kind of epiphany because of a few dates.

Women began to work outside the home about the time James Watt's invention made it possible for factories to produce at low cost what had once been produced at home in "cottage industry".  If this arstle took a look at any of the existing photo's of those fabric mills, for example...or looked at the statistics for "phossy lung" deaths among those who worked in factories making matches or...

but no, that would require work and thought and the lazy piker doesn't want to work and probably can't think.  Jeebus, somewhere in the annals of church-run "good works" in Toronto there is a statistic about some nine kids in every ten in the "poorer sections" of town being in "daycare". And those moms weren't off at the race track or dining in fine restaurants.

Women worked IN the home for as long as it was possible and when it was no longer possible they worked OUTSIDE the home.  Read Dickens, for chrissake!

Oh, but that guy won't.  It's too easy to maunder on and impress himself with his slackassed pallid copy of what will never be erudition.  His hubris will get in the way of any kind of real research or even comprehension.

Nuclear family my aching ass.  He couldn't care less about the family.  If he wasn't whining about the family he'd be whining about something else, gerbils, or chinchillas or wart hogs or something.  Whine whine whine.  Lives in Whine Country, that guy.  He ain't gettin' none'a MY cheese with his whine!!

Then to compound his shite he blames feminism.  Oh, right.  WE invented the Industrial Revolution. WE invented the sweat shops.  WE invented capitalism.

jeebus, we're smart!

His problem is he is stupid.  If you take a piece of 8X10 paper and fold it into sixteen equal ten inch long sections you'd have a scratch pad for narrow minded arstles.  He needs such a thing!

Gigi

• View Profile
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 12:37:37 AM »
To recap:

Feminazis stole his mom, his wife, his siblings, and his second car.

They also are responsible for the upswing (?) in crime.  (This seems to be the one thing that lacks a nifty graph, though.)

Please stay home and stop stealing jobs (and his manliness), bitchez.

Dave

• View Profile
    • http://www.thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 08:17:19 AM »
WTF?  That's his notion of good faith?

Heh. Raphael is a slimy little operator. What he won't admit is that he's a right-wing authoritarian of the highest order. He doesn't like the words so he relabels himself. He smart enough to know what people don't like to hear but not smart enough to hide his true colours.
6 percent of the world\'s population cannot impose it\'s will on the other 94 percent. There cannot be an American solution for every problem. John F. Kennedy

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
The Daily Asshole
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 08:19:57 AM »
Two things about that post of RA's:

"Demographics": well, we know what that is code for.

And second, he is excruciatingly boring. Lord, but how he does go on and on and on.

Return To TAT