Author Topic: "Domestic Discipline"  (Read 3473 times)

Timebandit

• View Profile
"Domestic Discipline"
« on: August 23, 2007, 04:54:20 PM »
:shock:

So I was reading Broadsheet on Salon.com because I was procrastinating, and I came across some commentary on this website:

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com/Home.html

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Spanking your wife...  Not in the fun, erotic sense, nope, but actual spank her 'til she cries so she knows who the boss is...  

I'm boggled.  They even have women bloggers who have agreed to and support the arrangement.  Y'know, 'cause GAWD says it's okay...

Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

brebis noire

• View Profile
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
:shock: And I thought I'd heard everything. Beyond the pale, again.

But I loved this comment:

Wow. That's astounding stuff. These people put "Da Mental" in "Fundamentalism." Is there anything that violence and abuse won't fix, in their theology?

chester

• View Profile
Re: "Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 05:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Timebandit

Spanking your wife...  Not in the fun, erotic sense, nope, but actual spank her 'til she cries so she knows who the boss is...  

to be fair ( :roll: )  its also erotic for them/her, in the blog she talks about spanking as foreplay.  and apparently you didn't vist the "heritage intimates" section and follow the link to the see and buy the "crotchless pantaloons".

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:58:26 PM »
Well, the thing is, to me ...

Yes, it is erotic. These people don't mostly talk about it that way, though, and the narration I read from an anonymous man about basic positions and purposes just totally creeped me out. If it was all about eroticism for him, then why was he only the spanker? I mean, he was really intent on exercising power; he was getting into it in detail; and maybe for some people that's erotic, but it seemed scary to me.

If they would admit that this is a form of sex, it wouldn't bother me so much. That they insist it isn't, or it isn't that most basically -- that bothers me, because I figure that many of the women who become involved with the big lugs who have to feel powerful are in fact being coerced, do not find spanking erotic, especially when it leads to the damage some of those women describe.

The buttocks are an erogenous zone, no question. Spanking is a sexual act -- that is one reason I oppose spanking children, who can't possibly consent but who can be affected by the experience in many ways. (I also oppose spanking children just because slugging a small person is dangerous and psychologically damaging.)

I just am not convinced that a lot of women are giving informed consent to many things in these kinds of "Christian" marriages.

If they were doing it for the turn-on, then ok. But I think many are not.

kuri

• View Profile
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »
Man, that site is so many shades of twisted....

anne cameron

• View Profile
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 08:11:20 PM »
I haven't gone to the site, and I won't.  Domestic discipline, eh?  Man, they should ask their Gawd to resurrect my sperm donor, he was an expert.  

I can never really understand what people mean when they say the buttocks are an erogenous zone or that "spanking" can be foreplay, or fun, or...

go ahead, I dare ya!  Tap me on the ass even lightly.  If I know ahead of time you're going to do it, and you're teasing, and if, and if, and if, I might just shake my head and say Don't do that.

If I'm not prepared, if it comes out of left field, well, just look out, is all.

Yeah, I go over the top.  It's what "domestic discipline" trains you to do if it comes down on you when you're a kid, and unable to defend yourself, unable to flee, totally vulnerable and helpless.

They base this shite on "wives be thou in subjection to thy husbands". And they stop there.  They don't go on to the part about how the husband is head of the house as Christ is the head of the Church.  Since Christ doesn't arrive in the middle of the sermon and set about slapping, hitting, punching, yelling and berating the sinners, then it stands by raw logic that the head of the house should not so indulge himself, either.

And most telling, after slapping the sinners around Christ does not then say I did it because I love you so much and proceed to fuck them all, often up the very ass he just tanned.

But there's no reasoning with them.  And , no, the woman who allow this do not have informed consent, they've been brainwashed since infancy.

The dinosaurs still believe it isn't possible for a husband to rape his wife.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 08:22:05 PM »
I'm not going there either. It is totally mystifying to me that any kind of smacking around can be erotic. Don't geddit. Don't wanna.

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »
Give me feathers any day of the week, but a slap  :?:
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

deBeauxOs

"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 10:39:13 PM »
It sounds like garden variety BDSM - bondage, discipline, sado-masochism - to me, only with a kinky Kristian narrative.  I think that I would like to tackle this topic for Birth Pangs.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 07:43:58 AM »
Oh boy, dBO takes on the Kinky Kristians.  :popcorn

Well, you know, sex is only for procreation. And, I guess, discipline. Can't be fun.

Timebandit

• View Profile
"Domestic Discipline"
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »
I think you've hit it on the head, dBO -- when I was thinking about this last night, it just kept coming back to kink.  This is just kink in old-fashioned (but crotchless!) pantaloons with a church-lady haircut.

The one bit that threw me the most was one of the men going on about all women having "emotional baggage carts" that get to the "tipping point", at which time a woman NEEDS to be spanked to tears in order to release stress.   :shock:

If I want to release stress I'd vastly prefer to go ninja on this guy's head, my own self. :twisted:

ETA:  Fern, you're getting them mixed up with Catholics -- Protestant fundies aren't averse to sexual pleasure.  They actually encourage it as part of a stable marriage.  

When I was engaged to fundie-guy, we had to sit through a lecture on sex with his pastor, who assumed we were both virgins.  I didn't have the heart to tell him we'd been sleeping together for 3 years...   :lol:
Whenever anyone has offended me, I try to raise my soul so high that the offense cannot reach it. -Rene Descartes, philosopher and mathematician (1596-1650)

Return To TAT