Author Topic: Vote Liberal: Get a February Holiday  (Read 6704 times)

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Vote Liberal: Get a February Holiday
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 11:53:20 AM »
Quote from: fern hill
another *cough* Yo, John Tory! How about Abstinence Education?

Great post at BP, FH.  :D

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »
Holy crap, I went to Catholic schools in Ontario as a kid and we NEVER were taught creationism. I always assumed that that was a fundamentalist protestant (fringe) fixation!?!?
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 12:58:51 AM »
Quote from: sparqui
Holy crap, I went to Catholic schools in Ontario as a kid and we NEVER were taught creationism. I always assumed that that was a fundamentalist protestant (fringe) fixation!?!?

me too, sparqui, most of my school life was in the 'other (Catholic) system - I even taught in the system for a bit..... in fact if they had anything to comment about "creationism' it was disparaging. (and that includes Catholic Universities)

fern: "John Tory has lost the election with that bit of genius." yes - I think of poor Colin Powell, standing before the UN, proclaiming words that guarenteed he would never have even a shot at being President.  
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

swallow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 05:04:46 PM »
Quote from: sparqui

Yeah, I've never heard of a Catholic school teaching creationism. Well, except to laugh at it as a silly theory. Sure hope that's not changing!
"You cursed brat. Look what you\'ve done. I\'m melting! Melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?"

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »
This is where we were talking about John Tory. So.

It's all over the place, so no link (and because I'm tired and lazy). Go to Prog Blogs.

First, it was rumoured/leaked that Tory was going to backtrack on religious school funding. Then he said at some lunch today that he'd allow a free vote on it. He says he has listened to the voters.

Jeebers. And he has the gall to talk about 'leadership'?

Where do we get these assholes? Do we really deserve them?

deBeauxOs

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »
In Manitoba, instead of calling this statutary holiday by the same name that Saskatchewan and Alberta gave it, they consulted school kids in the province, who came up with"Louis Riel' Day.

:applause:

sparqui

• View Profile
    • http://resettlethis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 03:54:39 PM »
Sometimes I really get a kick out of being in Manitoba. Seeing what they did to name the holiday (and what the kids came up with) is one of those times.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a tractor. -- Gilles Duceppe

Return To TAT