Author Topic: Burma: an orange revolution?  (Read 19088 times)

Croghan27

• View Profile
Re: Burma: an orange revolution?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »
Quote from: skdadl
Heavens -- thanks for doing the research, Croggy. I didn't realize there would be so much available on Yettaw.

Suu Kyi may be appealing, but I believe she's in jail as all this goes on -- the WSJ article seemed to say that. ?

The stories I read say that the 'trial', such as it is, was held in a prison. At the conclusion of the proceedings he was kept at the facility. There also seems to be some 'confusion' about her original sentence. One branch of the government says she has 6 months left while another says the sentence has been superseded by these latest developments.  

Later that day Myanmar authorities officially lifted her house arrest, but continued to detain her in prison,[35] although another government official stated that her house arrest did not expire for another six months.[17]

I guess this citizen of a country that looses important emails during an investigation into police wrong doing is in no place to criticize police confusion in another country.  :oops:
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Audrey

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2009, 01:51:54 AM »
This is a good resource http://www.irrawaddy.org/index.php.

Su Kyi was not responsible for the security at her house- the government was. SO their claims are even more ludicrous.
Make revolution- love your body

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2010, 07:55:16 AM »
Aung San Suu Kyi has been released from house arrest.

Hard to know yet what this might mean, but the barriers around her home have been removed, and the police drew off, allowing supporters forward.

Return To TAT