Author Topic: Happy Halloween!!!!  (Read 2736 times)

Marisa Jonas ?

• View Profile
    • http://theanimalactivist.wordpress.com/
Happy Halloween!!!!
« on: October 08, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »
Have a happy Halloween everyone!!!! :vampire:
Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.  ~John Stuard Mill ???

k'in

• View Profile
Happy Halloween!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:13:59 PM »
Happy Hallowe'en skullgirl!

Love carving the pumpkin, the costumes, and best of all---the left over trick or treat candy. :)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Happy Halloween!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »
I'm not sure the spirits have been appeased but here's where I'm going Wed or Thursday night. Debra, your kids might like it.

Join us in the   “dungeon” for a Halloween experience for the whole family.(not recommended for   children under 7, $2.00 admission).

Bwahaha! It's a real old and long building, was once the shopping centre for St. Vincent dePaul. I walked up the train tracks to check it out and it looks safe enough, but all boarded up. Boo!

October 28, 29 and   30th
                      6:00pm to 9:00pm
                      461 CUMBERLAND AVE
                      (the old St. Vincent   DePaul  – off of Gage)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:36:10 PM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »
I need some happy treat after the two kicks in the teeth of Omar Khadr resigning himself to plead guilty and the election of the vélophobic, homophobic, xénophobic boob in that other big city upstream from us... Welcome to bread and roses, Marisa! :cool: Oh, I see that you are the babe once known as skullgirl. Now that you are a jeune femme, have you thought of being La Catrina for Halloween? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Calavera_Catrina La Catrina (the Elegant Skull) is a popular image for the Mexican Day of the Dead and a famous etching by Mexican artist Posada.

I doubt I'll do anything for Halloween as we are organizing an earliesh party tomorrow to celebrate a friend who is well into his 70s (forget exact age) and going strong! So I'm making a savoury tart of some kind, some spicy muhammarah (walnut/breadcrumb/olive oil/chiles/sumac dip) and a couple of other things. Alas can't afford to do that twice in a week, but I don't care, because I'll be celebrating here at home with my beloved BLACK CAT Renzo, who escaped on a Halloween two years back and went missing for five weeks. :cat

Perhaps some Gato negro? (Chilean wine) and something nice and orange like my squash gratin, or a risotto with squash and some black wild rice? I don't eat sweets. And lots and lots of purrs!
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile

Toedancer

• View Profile
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 01:03:31 AM »
Holy Crap again, Reuters is actually giving a list of nuclear power plants in the mighty u.s.a. that could be fuced up by sandy.
https://research.tdwaterhouse.ca/research/public/Markets/CommoditiesNews?documentKey=1314-L1E8LQ9QA-1

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
Moon lift, hail the Samhain!

The Season of LYING is almost over. Nov. 6 can't come and go fast enuf for me. The benign name Sandy revealed the truly ugly and dark side of merkin politics. (Perhaps start naming frankenstorms after the oil companies). Everyone played their roles to perfection, from the jogger in a horsehead running gently by a reporter standing in a pothole filled with water and bearing the winds (some of the reporting was laughable), to repug christie shamelessly plugging for obama. Both empty suits are giving Sandy an extra wide path and that should be scarier than Halloweenie, but extreme weather only got the spotlight for 2 days, now its back to plundering the people, dodging taxes and of course getting the flag-waving morons to actually vote for either Pinky or the Brain, the warmongering halfwits. Let the SHTF!

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 12:04:32 AM »
drats i missed the midnight hour. g'nite.

Henri the French Cat - Halloween thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R_fUsssnHPw

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:45:08 AM »
17 kids here - I was too tired to get up and go to the door, so I just left a bowl of candy inside.

Return To TAT