Author Topic: Clutter  (Read 3951 times)

Alison

• View Profile
    • http://creekside1.blogspot.com/
Re: Clutter
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »
A 700 square foot balcony! As in 70' x 10'?

:o

Can I keep my clutter at your place?

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »
No I am an idiot. 

10x7=70

:cluebat

ETA: Actually it's more like 14x7 = 98 sf

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:26:12 PM by Antonia »
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 10:44:07 PM »
LMAO! Still a very good size balcony and on the 9th floor. I'd be squeamish as heck, but one gets used to it I hear. I saw a super condo in Etobicoke on the 5th f and it looked across a forest and right down to the Humber river (east end). When I think of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves of the natives there I get squeamish as well. One of my greats was an archaeologist and he ranted on and on about the spoiling of native sites. That was soooo long ago, but still my conscience f'ing hurts.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Alison

• View Profile
    • http://creekside1.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 07:21:53 AM »
Yeah but an idiot with a 98 sq ' balcony  :p

I was afraid for a moment there you'd bought the broom closet on the roof.

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
 :))

No, I bought in a solid concrete older building that has all the amenities of a solid older building, including space and closets. The Toronto condos now going up (like crazy!!!) are miniscule, not sound-proof and have no storage.

Two couples I know downsized.

One bought in a quite nice new low-ish rise condo near Yonge & St. Clair. Supposedly 2+den. The den is a windowless closet the size of my utility room (and they don't build utility rooms anymore). They use it for storage. The kitchen is impossible for two people to work in.

The other couple, much more affluent, bought a very spacious two bedroom with a nice big walk-in in the master. But the LR/DR is smaller than the one I bought, and the kitchen is open. I like a real eat-in kitchen. The one I am buying has that plus, get this, a window.

Neither have in-suite laundry. I do.

I am sure I paid less, much less, than both of them. I have a super location. I am reluctant to disclose here it for obvious reasons. I think of it as a sleeper building because even I thought it was a rental until last year.

I was thinking about being on the 9th floor terrace and whether it would bug me. (I don't care for heights.) But 9th is not bad and because the terrace is solid concrete I won't feel like it might give way.

It's going to be a big change though. This morning I went on a big off-leash walk with Jericho who ran around like a maniac. (Let him loose in an open space like a school football field, and he goes nuts.) I will not have that sort of thing as handy.

Incidentally, I am thinking of keeping the cat litter box in the utility closet and punching a cat door into the door. What do you cat folk think?
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Return To TAT