Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 43893 times)

Croghan27

• View Profile
What are you listening to?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 04:51:31 PM »
His dog up and died, up and died,
After twenty years he still grieved,

A terrific line .... consistancy and continuing affection, a sumation of a whole existance, a whole life experience in one brief quip. Would that someone says that about me.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

kuri

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »
I bought a CD three weeks ago for the first time in years and have been obsessed ever since: Distinto, Differente by the Afro-Cuban All-Stars.

The Hegemo

• View Profile
    • http://neutralzonetrap.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 11:46:22 PM »
Been listening in the car to Messer Chups, this really crazy Russian electronic (complete with theremin!) surf music band.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 11:48:06 PM »
Creedence Clearwater Revival. I brought their albums as they came out, still listening to them 30+ years later.

RP.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 08:02:35 AM »
Frank Black, "Fastman Raiderman".  There's a verse in one of the songs, a bluesy song called "Sad Old World," which reminds me of skdadl everytime.

I know something about sickness
I know something about that now
There is nothing you can do, except witness
No, there's nothing you can do

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 09:35:31 AM »
RP. You have brought some tears to my eyes.   :hug:

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »
Anchored in Love:  A Tribute to June Carter Cash.  Nice record.  Good performances.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 02:33:42 PM »
Same thing I always listen to from 1 to 3pm - the world music show on Espace musique. (Radio-Canada 2).
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Papal Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 11:29:26 PM »
I found a vinyl of Deja Vu by CSN&Y. It has officially replaced "Concert for Kampuchea" as the only thing worthy to touch the needle of the turn table.
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

- Samuel Taylor Colerdige

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2007, 03:39:00 AM »
I would very much like to listen to this Rythmes africains à la Bastille ideally live, but if not on the radio - perhaps Radio-Canada Espace musique will rebroadcast the Bastille Day Eve concert of some of the greatest African stars.  8)
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Caissa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007, 08:05:20 AM »
I'm listening to a CD of traditional African music recorded in Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in the 1950s. Couldn't sell the boys on it at breakfast so needed to bring it to work.

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
I have delved into YouTube to come up with some Canadian music.

The Simon Fraser University Pipe Band... long after they cannot identify Matthew Arnold from Wilfred Owen, or recite de Broglie's Law they will still remember how they marched and played.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2007, 01:06:31 PM »
The Stampede Parade is on right now; lots of marching bands, including at least one pipe band, probably more.  Plus all the horses, floats, clowns, etc., etc.  (On CTV and Global; does the whole country get it?)
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »
Quote from: Holly Stick
The Stampede Parade is on right now; lots of marching bands, including at least one pipe band, probably more.  Plus all the horses, floats, clowns, etc., etc.  (On CTV and Global; does the whole country get it?)

1968 I hitch-hiked into Calgary in the middle of the Stampede. Dirty and tired I watched the World Best Under 21 Pipeband march past the (new then) Husky Tower. The World's best under 21 Pipe Band at the time happened to be a gurls band from Quebec .....  :D

Ya know ... escaping from some turmoil at home, tired and dirty as I was, the world was not such a bad place at all.  :applause:

deBeauxOs

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 02:23:27 PM »
Quote from: Caissa
I'm listening to a CD of traditional African music recorded in Botswana, Lesotho and South Africa in the 1950s. Couldn't sell the boys on it at breakfast so needed to bring it to work.
Title, please?  It sounds amazing.  

I love old-school township music.  There is a Montreal-based performer, Lorraine Klaasen, born in SA who incorporates that sound in her contemporary music.

Return To TAT