Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 44039 times)

Caissa

• View Profile
What are you listening to?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Tswana and Sotho Voices 1951 '57 '59 put out by SWP records http://www.swp-records.com

Papal Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 01:18:37 AM »
It took me a few months, but I finally managed to get a burned copy of the Best of ELP from my dad. He guards that CD jealously because I monopolized it for years at a time since I was a kid. I really love just listening to Tarkus while falling asleep.
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

- Samuel Taylor Colerdige

belva

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 12:40:01 PM »
I'm playing Bryan Ferry's Dylanesque, his album of some of Bob Dylan's best songs.

I always thought that Dylan was a great song writer but a lousy singer--this album confirms it for me---the lyrics are as powerful as ever--Ferry's voice is powerful, velvety and I think one of the best for doing this music--the only one I ever liked more was an album Odetta recorded eons ago in which she did all Dylan stuff.  OMG--what a voice that woman has--and still does--saw her in live performance a year ago---she still sings with power & the audience just can't stop looking at her--the woman just exudes charisma!

I think it says a lot for Dylan that so many different artists in lots of different styles---folk, rock, reggae,hiphop,jazzy & who knows what else--have recorded his songs and still the music is wonderful.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 02:04:07 PM »
Quote from: k'in
Anchored in Love:  A Tribute to June Carter Cash.  Nice record.  Good performances.

I may order it - two songs on it I really like: "If I Were a Carpenter" and "Will The Circle be Unbroken". By the way, I've seen Tim Hardin (he wrote "If I were a Carpenter") live many times at Ottawa's old Le Hibou coffeehouse. I've got all the Tim Hardin albums. I've got many recordings of "Will The Circle be Unbroken". one of my favourite songs.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 02:07:59 PM »
Quote from: belva
the only one I ever liked more was an album Odetta recorded eons ago in which she did all Dylan stuff.  OMG--what a voice that woman has--and still does--saw her in live performance a year ago---she still sings with power & the audience just can't stop looking at her--the woman just exudes charisma!

It's called Odetta Sings Dylan and available as a CD on Amazon.ca. I have most her albums. My favourite album of all time is Odetta's "One Grain of Sand" also available as a CD.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 04:11:55 PM »
I'm going back and forth between the LE concert and doing other things. Right now I'm listening to BB King's album (on CD) "How Blue Can You Get?".  LE is loud. I listened to Spinal Tap do a couple of songs, one of which, "Stonehenge" they had about a dozen bass guitarists on stage. Difficult to make out the lyrics because it's so freakin'  loud.

Papal Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 04:47:04 PM »
I'm listening to Joss Stone. My friends have been ripping on me for a while for this, but I can't stop. She has a stellar voice.
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

- Samuel Taylor Colerdige

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »
I'm watching Macy Gray at Rio in LE singing "Sexual Revolution".  
:sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007, 07:47:32 PM »
Boom-Boom you sweet old thing, my sweetie, when we got home and turned on telly, said omg Macy, turn everything OFF!  He lurves her to no end.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 09:26:55 PM »
Also on earlier: Alicia Keys and Madonna.  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:  :sweating:

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »
I know eh? It sent us into spasm of finding other speakers. The best of is gonna be great. Wonder where the munee will go? Prolly to the musicians, but we don't know yet.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

deBeauxOs

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 09:33:27 PM »
:shock:   Boom Boom, it looks like you've become a one-man heat wave.   :wink:  

Make sure you cool off by having a dip in the cold St-Lawrence so that you're not contributing to global warming.   :P

Croghan27

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
Whilst merrily blogging I usually have Air America streaming ..... when not - I listen to:

Stan Rogers.  :D
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 10:53:55 PM »
While Alicia Keys was at her piano, the camerman was fixated on her miniskirt and legs. :shock:  :mrgreen:  :oops:

deBeauxOs

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 11:00:49 PM »
Quote from: Boom Boom
While Alicia Keys was at her piano, the camerman was fixated on her miniskirt and legs.
Well, I certainly hope that you weren't looking.  :annoyed:  Right, Boom Boom?

Boom Boom?  

:roll:  :evil:

Return To TAT