Author Topic: Bloggers Wanted  (Read 2674 times)

Bloggers Wanted
« on: March 24, 2008, 03:31:08 PM »
Hi folks,

New here but not to blogging.  Debra suggested posting in this thread about the following.  

I have a successful and nationally syndicated news/political commentary blog at http://www.pajamadeen.com.  In fact, it has grown enough that I need some contributing authors.  Take a look at the blog and see if it would be a good fit for you.  I'm left-leaning (not negotiable) and write about more or less whatever I feel like.  The syndication requirements preclude what they call "mommy" blog posts and I keep the dog and cat posts down to a minimum.  (I enjoy them, but the syndicators don't.)  

Recent posts of mine have been picked up by both Reuters and the Chicago Sun-Times.  The pay at my blog sucks right now - as in nada - at least until I start seeing how much Iget paid by the two syndications I'm part of.  (I'll know the pay of one in May and the other in...August.  Talk about starving artists!)  I'd be willing to split the pay, if your posts are picked up, 50-50.  I'll put your posts in XHTML format, etc. if you don't know how (although I would expect you to learn.  It's not brain surgery.  If I can do it, you can do it).  

I'm particularly seeking Canadian content.  (We're Canadian, stuck in the states at the moment.)  Anything well written, thoughtful, possibly witty, etc., I will take a look at.  News and politics are high on the list.  Anything human interest, health-related, First Nation, interesting road trips, those are good (just some suggestions).  The pay-off is, if your posts are picked up by places like Reuters and the Chicago Sun-Times, it would look great on your resume/in your writing portfolio.  

Thanks, and Happy Spring! :D

Pajamadeen

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Bloggers Wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:47:52 PM »
"Fighting the good fight in our jammies"  :lol:  That certainly suits some b n r's that's for sure. Hope you get some takers.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Re: Bloggers Wanted
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:51:50 PM »
love your gravatar!

Return To TAT