Author Topic: Baby's First High Heels. Pass the Rifle.  (Read 2603 times)

suzette

• View Profile
Baby's First High Heels. Pass the Rifle.
« on: June 15, 2008, 01:00:27 AM »
High heels for babies, with sizes starting from 0-6 months.  I think they're serious.

Get your wee one trained for a lifetime of body-deforming, crippling shoes early!  Oh screw it, I can't think of any funny stuff for this item, it's just nose-bleedingly stupid.  My commitment to non-violence is wavering.

What's next? G-string diapers?  Isn't sexualising babies known as paedophilia?

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Re: Baby's First High Heels. Pass the Rifle.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:43:34 AM »
When I think of the fat li'l legs of a six-month-old, and then try to imagine those shoes on the fat li'l feet at the end of the legs, I just ... fail to see the point, y'know? Like, the aesthetics are not there. For heels to work, the leg has to have some shape and definition. Babies are still the Pillsbury Dough-Boy.

deBeauxOs

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 09:21:53 AM »
Quote from: skdadl
... Babies are still the Pillsbury Dough-Boy.
That's not true of all babies.  When I met eph and thwap in early May, they had wee J. with them.  (They were in Ottawa with the Stop Torture Caravan.) Still scooting around and not yet walking then, he has the build of a long distance athlete.  His legs and feet are not chubby.

Hellacious is now in Canada too.  
On her way to her daughter Kayla's 4th birthday party, Britta was reminiscing about when Kayla was a baby and Hayden's shoe obsession crossed her mind.  She thought to herself "That would have been hilarious if I could have brought Kayla to a party in high heels when she was a baby".  It was at that moment that Heelarious┬«  was born.
 :annoyed: I wonder if that thought would have crossed her mind if her child had been a boy?

anne cameron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
Hey, Gorgeous Bones, let's make a rattle for boys...shaped like a beer can.  Could make a line of soothers which look like cigars... for the alternate lifestyle parents we could have some which looked like joints... open some body piercing  and tatoo shops.

Objectification of kids isn't new, though.  Look at the swarms of batshit parents who play out their control issues by entering their kids in "beauty pageants"...that one creeps me out any time I accidentally happen to see something about it on TV.  To me, it isn't much different or far from the objectification present in those cults which raise girls to be nothing but brood mares.

There's a part of me that insists the girls will rebel... but not many of them do, the conditioning is too complete, the fear too deeply instilled.  These "joke" shoes really aren't much of a "joke" once you begin to examine the deeply rooted societal pressures in our culture.

I remember, not all that long ago, some "nice" dad who worked overtime to appear to be "liberated" proudly talking about his daughter playing Ringette.  He seemed to think it was a daring skate forward and was shocked, I tell you, shocked, when I said Ringette was a betrayal of all the women who were working so hard to win for girls the right to play HOCKEY. Oh, but that's too rough, he blurted.  And I said So clean up the game, enforce the rules, get rid of the "enforcers" but don't deny girls the chance to play.

None of my kids had fat chubby legs and only one of them had fat feet...but his weren't so much fat as in need of orthopedic shoes.  He got them, the feet straightened and he went on to play soccer, lacrosse, hockey, basketball and rugby.  As did my blonde daughter.  Dark haired daughter preferred to keep score

Return To TAT