Author Topic: Everything you wanted to know about Sarah Palin....  (Read 45618 times)

anne cameron

• View Profile
Re: Everything you wanted to know about Sarah Palin....
« Reply #510 on: October 05, 2008, 06:14:18 PM »
"Victimhood"?  Me?

A victim would just lower her eyes and accept, would not challenge nor speak above the humm of the contented hive.

But we've known all along it's your site.  Your rules.  Yours.  All yours.  No question about that.  None at all.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 05, 2008, 06:33:53 PM »
Quote from: anne cameron
"Victimhood"?  Me?

A victim would just lower her eyes and accept, would not challenge nor speak above the humm of the contented hive.

But we've known all along it's your site.  Your rules.  Yours.  All yours.  No question about that.  None at all.

Rilly? Cuz if that is the real case, I swear on my honour, I wuld not, NOT, have put up with that. Am I missing something? Am I a total 'tard;? If you do feel like that, then I am gobsmacked. OTOH I am usually totally distracted by other issues. So pls. enlighten me, so that I can make a distinction. Thanks. I am not wanting to make a 'class' distinction, but I do believe one is being made. If is that is the case then I want to be actively engaged with that. Thanks.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Berlynn

• View Profile
    • http://politicsnpoetry.wordpress.com
« Reply #512 on: October 06, 2008, 01:21:21 AM »
Hmm...I thought this was the public Palin thread. :annoyed:

For the record, I'm grateful for Naomi Wolf's contribution on Palin and must say that her first book, The Beauty Myth, changed my life in a huge way.  But I am young enough to be the daughter of some of you and old enough to be the mother of others.  IOW, I'm the same age as Wolf and so I figure she would have been under 30 when she wrote that book.  I say it's pretty fine for one so young and I totally *get* where she was coming from in it.  

Her latest book, The End of America, is essential for a clearer understanding of what the USA is up to and I value it as her contribution to feminist and left-leaning discourse.  It could not have been easy to do that research -- not easy at all.

As for the attack on tears, well, I am a crybaby and I value tears. They are a natural human reaction to pain and I have taken too much abuse for that natural reaction.  I've developed a bit of a knack for recognizing crocodile tears and I don't believe that the tears shed by Biden or Hilary were fake.  I appreciate that kind of emotional honesty.  

Palin is emotionally dishonest and that is why I have no pity and very little compassion for her.  My opinion of her would improve were she to shed a real tear.  Quite frankly, I don't think she knows how to cry, she is that disconnected from herself and too far removed from the real world, the world in which the majority of the world's population live.
Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and let them howl.  -- Nellie McClung

matttbastard

• Fuck with me and FIND OUT.
    • View Profile
    • http://bastardlogic.wordpress.com
« Reply #513 on: October 06, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »
Noam Scheiber on Palin in the latest issue of TNR (cover story):

Palin...may be the first conservative politician since Nixon to experience resentment so authentically. For her, it's not so much a political tool as a motivating principle. A trip through Palin's past reveals that almost every step of her career can be understood as a reaction to elitist condescension--much of it in her own mind.
I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.

matttbastard

• Fuck with me and FIND OUT.
    • View Profile
    • http://bastardlogic.wordpress.com
I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #515 on: October 07, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »
[youtube:scvwfxse]http://www.youtube.com/v/HtJPrTLevYw&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/HtJPrTLevYw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">[/youtube:scvwfxse]

Anybody notice how she is talkin' more and more like a rube everyday?
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #516 on: October 07, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »
best way to embed a video is to click the youtube button and then insert only the part after the v so that video would be
Code: [Select]
[youtube]HtJPrTLevYw[/youtube]
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #517 on: October 07, 2008, 02:59:22 PM »
Thanks!
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #518 on: October 07, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »
Brigitte Bardot slams Palin as a 'disgrace to women' see link by Berlynn for story.

"I hope you lose these elections because that would be a victory for the world," Bardot wrote in an open letter to Republican John McCain's running mate in the November vote.

"By denying the responsibility of man in global warming, by advocating gun rights and making statements that are disconcertingly stupid, you are a disgrace to women and you alone represent a terrible threat, a true environmental catastrophe," wrote Bardot.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 07, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
Site tells me article not availible.

Too bad - "All fractious on the feminine far right"?

Bardot was a Le Pen supporter. A pox on both of them.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Berlynn

• View Profile
    • http://politicsnpoetry.wordpress.com
Never retreat, never explain, never apologize--get the thing done and let them howl.  -- Nellie McClung

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 08, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »
Margaret Cho has a short take on fascist Bardot here: Cho - Brigitte Bardot is a fascist

Although I have zero opinion on Bardot vs Palin in general - they are examples of different varieties of far-right scum - Bardot is in large part correct about Palin's wanton plunder and disregard for wildlife and the environment. Though natch, Bardot is misinformed - she was at L'Élysée to plead with Sarko for a total ban on imports of Canadian seal products, although the seals are not endangered at all.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #522 on: October 08, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
Great article on why women hate Palin

Sarah Palin is undoubtedly accomplished and charismatic all on her own. However, for her to smugly act as if she doesn't owe a debt of gratitude to the generations of American women before her who marched and organized and protested and brought lawsuits and ran for office themselves so that she could stand on a national stage in 2008  - while at the same time successfully mothering five children - is just plain rude. And it irritates a lot of us who share her gender.

fern hill

• View Profile
    • http://scathinglywrongrightwingnutz.blogspot.com/

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 08, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
Maybe Elton John will redo his song yet again: call it Maverick in the Wind...

Goodbye Norma Jean...Goodbye England's Rose...Goodbye Sarah Louise...

Return To TAT