Author Topic: The day the music died  (Read 632 times)

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
The day the music died
« on: February 02, 2009, 12:26:46 PM »
Very thoughtful reflection by teacherken in a Kos diary about the fiftieth anniversary of the deaths of Buddy Holly, J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, and Ritchie Valens.

A warning: the diary is heavy with (excellent) YouTubes, and I'm switching it off now because it is freezing my browser.

Croghan27

• View Profile
Re: The day the music died
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »
Quote from: skdadl
Very thoughtful reflection by teacherken in a Kos diary about the fiftieth anniversary of the deaths of Buddy Holly, J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, and Ritchie Valens.

A warning: the diary is heavy with (excellent) YouTubes, and I'm switching it off now because it is freezing my browser.

Thank you for that ... we (my friends and I) used to have four albums were would stack on the drop down LP player ..... "The Best of the Kingston Trio", "The Best of the Everly Brothers" one of "The Weavers" and a Buddy Holly. The lyrics of all four are burned into my mind and that of my 'buds' - on the occasions I see them (those still alive) one of us is sure to fit a line into a sentence and we will all be off quoting and singing.
"It is also a good rule not to put overmuch confidence in the observational results that are put forward until they are confirmed by theory." -- Arthur Stanley Eddington

Return To TAT