Author Topic: Amnesty International group 14's white elephant garage sale  (Read 3148 times)

Audrey

• View Profile
Amnesty International group 14's white elephant garage sale
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:37:12 PM »
This is in Montreal's west island- no clothes for donation please.  Spread the word ! I have a poster if anyone wants to print it out and spread the word.

AU PROFIT DE
AMNISTIE
INTERNATIONALE
AMNESTY
INTERNATIONAL
BENEFIT EVENT
Samedi, le 25 Avril2009, de 9h à 13h
Saturday, April 25 2009, from 9AM to 1PM
BeaurepaireUnited Church,
25 Fieldfare Ave., Beaconsfield
Articles àdonner? Vendredile 24 Avril, de 16h à19:30h
Items to donate? Friday April 24, from 4PM to 7:30PM
Make revolution- love your body

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: Amnesty International group 14's white elephant garage sale
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
Hope I can make it there! Forgot how to get to Beaconsfield, but it is doable by bus.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

jrootham

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »
There is also the train.  At least there was 40 years ago when I lived there.

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »
Yes, the Rigaud train passes through Beaconsfield, but as it and the more southerly train are commuter lines, they don't run all hours. I've never taken that train; I've often taken the train to Ste-Anne de Bellevue at the western tip of Montréal island, and the northerly train a couple of times.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Audrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:22:20 AM »
It looks like you can take the 200 or the 211 from Dorval train station, to which you can take the bus from Lionel Groulx. Zoom in on the map and you'll see the stops. There will be a petition as well.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&q=25+Avenue+Fieldfare,+Beaconsfield,+QC&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=ca&ei=cY3VSc_wMsXVlQfi-ZHkDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1

Audrey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »
BUMP
Moving ? Got clutter ? Excellent ! Bring us your things ! Amnesty International Group 14 will be putting on our annual White Elephant Sale in order to raise funds for our human rights activities. We will be accepting donations ( no clothes please) on the 24th of April at 25 Fieldfare avenue in Beaconsfield at the Beaurepaire United Church  from 4pm to 7:30 pm. The sale will take place on the 25th of April from 9am to 1pm at  the same  address- there will be coffee, cake, bargains and a raffle to boot ! All are welcome.  Please  support human rights by coming and sign our petition to free Burman prisoner of conscience Ko Aye Aung before you leave !
If you can't make it please sign the petition here http://www.petitiononline.com/KAAAI14/petition.html

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 09:23:05 PM »
Forwarding this to bazaar addicts!

I'm familiar with this church as they were one of those involved in refugee - sanctuary issues.

By the way, don't forget to post this at craigslist, kijiji and lespac ... I presume you have already posted it at the Gazette "It's a Date" site for bazaars and charitable events.
Rosa Luxemburg

Audrey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 10:18:54 PM »
Thanks for the idea lagatta ! I hadn't thought of craigslist or Kijji. It has been posted in all the major west island newspapers and in the gazette and evereywhere else I know in the known universe..thanks for passing it along.

Return To TAT