Author Topic: On being a happy warrior  (Read 3833 times)

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: On being a happy warrior
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »
If you and a friend can do this yourselves, should be an easy job and for well under $100.00. Even less if you can find a used reservoir someplace. Remember to FIRST turn off the water valve under the reservoir or you'll have a hell of a mess. After you shut off the water valve, then you have to flush the toilet to get the water out of the reservoir. There will be some water remaining, so you'll need a good bucket to hold the rest of the water. It's a messy job, whether you do it yourself, or a plumber does it. It's a simple job - but messy. And if you do it yourself, don't lose any of the operating parts such as the handle, and all the rubber seals. The seals probably will need to be lubed a bit, too - Vaseline should work.

You can google this and probably see a video or two on how to do it all.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 09:18:04 AM by Boom Boom »

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 09:29:05 AM »
There is no plumbing, Boom Boom - just the lid. Can one buy the lid separately?

Sometimes I see used toilets outside to be picked up, but I had no use for a ceramic reservoir lid.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 10:09:05 AM »
Oops! I misunderstood. I thought the reservoir was cracked. I have no idea if you can buy a lid separately.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:50 AM »
you can buy lids separately  Contact a local hardware store or a reuse centre.  Here there is a guy who sells replacement lids specifically. You can also online find universal replacements though they are plastic so not as good.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Holly Stick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 12:28:35 PM »
lagatta, just be careful, the broken lid may be very sharp. I once broke a reservoir lid and cut my hand quite deeply on it.
Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Return To TAT