Author Topic: Ayahuasca Tea  (Read 1624 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Ayahuasca Tea
« on: September 17, 2009, 01:11:10 AM »
Before I toddle off to bed and my book I just gots to let you know about the Canadian connection to this hallucinogenic tea (legal) in pursuit of spiritual growth happening in Sante Fe at their sacred chuch,  Umm, the Bronfman's? Who'd of thunk?

Now, the Santa Fe branch has drawn up plans to build a greenhouse for growing their own sacred plants, a ceremonial kitchen for brewing the tea and a 7,100-square-foot temple, complete with a children's nursery and foot-thick walls to ensure privacy. - snip - They are seeking a zoning change and county permits to build these facilities on 2½ acres in the Arroyo Hondo neighborhood, a secluded community of horse ranches and million-dollar homes. The grassy lot, which sits at the entrance to the neighborhood, is held in trust by Jeffrey Bronfman, the local leader of the UDV. He also owns a stately private home across the street. Mr. Bronfman is a grandnephew of Samuel Bronfman, the patriarch of the prominent Canadian family that owned Seagram Co. and other assets.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125306591407914359.html

Hee - the new age black sheep of the family has been drinking this stuff for eva it seems.  William Burroughs apparently wrote Naked Lunch under its influence, then Ginsberg went to the jungles to find it.

The Brazilian Federal Narcotics Council (Confen) temporarily banned the mysterious tea in 1985, then investigated the churches involved. The Confen team was shocked to find that ayahuasca exerted an overwhelmingly positive influence on the lives of users, particularly when taken in a religious setting. They documented hundreds of cases where drug addicts, alcoholics and the wayward were somehow transformed into healthy, upstanding citizens by their involvement in the UDV. Team members went so far as to down a few cups of tea themselves. Ayahuasca has been perfectly legal in Brazil since 1992.

Sounds like a great cure for head problems, no? Must add it to the coffee brewed @ parliament. At this point in time, couldn't hurt.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Re: Ayahuasca Tea
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:01:28 AM »
I have a feeling I'd be one of those people who react by vomiting and then having a very bad trip. I do not like bad trips.

The Bronfman kid -- is he the same one who blew a fortune in Hollywood? If so, I guess he somehow got it back. I lose the plot on these people.

RP.

• View Profile
Re: Ayahuasca Tea
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:24:10 PM »
You're right about a connection to Burroughs, but it was The Yage Letters he wrote while on it.  Apparently it's DMT that's in it, which my father always told me was known as "the businessman's trip" because of the trip's short duration.

Return To TAT