Author Topic: tweetminster  (Read 1760 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
tweetminster
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:57:18 PM »
Bascially NetRoots UK style.

I guess I was too far ahead of my time, if I'd started around the Twitter it would have been better.

http://www.tweetminster.co.uk/pages/about
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
Re: tweetminster
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »
I'm still not making good use of the social networks, although I dimly grasp how pros like Antonia and mattt with three tees are doing it.

So a deep question: do those networks work best for professional journalists who've caught on? Who else is going to work them the way the pros do?

I spend a lot of time online, but most of it is spent reading -- like, long, slow, difficult stuff. And occasionally that results in something. I watch some things on twitter (if I remember to check), but I just don't feel I'm in that league. I see why it would matter to an Antonia or an EW, or to a lot of politicians, and I want to know what's happening to them, but I usually read about that second-hand, here or in teh blogs.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »
Twitter is like a forum in shorthand. Doesn't quite allow for an depth discussion but good for putting alerts and read this! out quickly and to perhaps a wider group than may exist on one board.

I do think there is something to be said for forum discussion in so far as information without analysis is useless at best and dangerous at worst.

Still it is a great activist tool and it may be easier to get pols to do some tweeting which is short and scripted than to have them create actual thoughts via blog/forum posts.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 04:39:54 PM »
I'm still getting the hang of FB, which I'll exit when kid gets back, meantime how do I de-twit?
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Thanks Debra. Wow stern warnings - as if I was leaving the Con party - YOU CAN'T COME BACK UNLESS UNDER AN ASSUMED NAME WITH ACCOMPANYING PAPERS TO MATCH!
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Return To TAT