Author Topic: summer outings and happenings  (Read 6081 times)

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
Re: summer outings and happenings
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
Sunday night was amazing. I have a 180 view of the city from my balcony and we lost count of how many fireworks displays we could see.
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: summer outings and happenings
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2012, 10:22:22 PM »
I had to put all my heaters on earlier today - really cold when I got up (stiff as a board) and tonight the temp has dipped a bit, but it's not too bad - I've got the heaters off now.

I'd rather be cool than hot - I really can't tolerate the heat at all; I'm a heart attack risk if the temp goes up too much. I have difficulty breathing when the temps go over 80F. And if it's humid - well, forget about it.  :sweating

All things considered, with global climate change factored in, this is probably the best place in the world for me to live - so long as we don't get a tidal wave or tsunami  :panic  (I live right beside the Gulf of St. Lawrence). My biggest health problem, ironically, is arthritis. :geezer

« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:41:07 PM by Boom Boom »

Return To TAT