Author Topic: "Curing" gayness is charitable?  (Read 2109 times)

deBeauxOs

"Curing" gayness is charitable?
« on: September 03, 2010, 10:26:08 AM »
Only in Canada .... pity.

Slap Upside The Head writes about it.   
On Wednesday, I posted a story about how Exodus Global Alliance—a religious organisation that offers “freedom from homosexuality” through prayer and something they call sexual reorientation therapy—was denied charitable status in New Zealand.  This piqued my curiosity, and a quick search of Canada’s registered charities showed that Exodus is, indeed, enjoying tax benefits as a registered charity here in Canada.

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
Re: "Curing" gayness is charitable?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
One of these days I am going to insist on an investigation of what is charitable and not in Canada. It's rather appalling when you have a close look at some or the organizations.
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

deBeauxOs

"Curing" gayness is charitable?
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:51:30 PM »
Enormous Thriving Plants caught Tucker Carlson's support for the traditional patriarchal "cure" for lesbianism - rape.

Here.

On another note, I'd change the subject line to just "Curing" gayness but my capacity to moderate in this forum seems to have vanished.  :confused
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:52:16 PM by deBeauxOs »

Return To TAT