Author Topic: "No Anorexia" model Isabelle Caro dies at 28  (Read 1750 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
"No Anorexia" model Isabelle Caro dies at 28
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »
First of all, this is a terrible loss. I have a friend who suffered from anorexia who became as thin as Isabelle (32kg - 5 stone - 70 lb) and wonder if she is still alive now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12091475

These hard-hitting ads were banned in several countries.

Of course both extreme overeating and extreme undereating are deadly, and often two sides of the same coin.

Repose en paix, Isabelle, ma belle.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: "No Anorexia" model Isabelle Caro dies at 28
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »
I lost a friend to anorexia while living in northern Ontario in the early 1990s. Her mother passed on to me her daughter's cassette tape collection, which included recordings in French by Edith Piaf and Nana Mouskouri, which I still have today. Oh - and there's tapes by Michael Jackson and Madonna, as well.

Her death was 16 years ago, and I can't remember her name, but it'll come to me - this thread has unleased fond memories, as well as some not-so-fond memories, especially watching her over the years grow weaker and weaker.

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: "No Anorexia" model Isabelle Caro dies at 28
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
Ironically just a few days ago the Toronto Star picked up this equally distressing story about the 30.000 calorie Christmas feast of a woman aiming to become the world's fattest. (Warning, The Daily Mail is a scandal-sheet tabloid) http://tinyurl.com/DonnaSimpsons-30-000-calories

I'm certain that even without such severe eating disorders - and worse, the people abetting them and profiting from them - Donna Simpsons would be considerably heavier than Isabelle Caron, as people, like cats, are all different and come in a range of body types. But Donna would be able to play with her beautiful little girl instead of being in a "mobility vehicle" so young, and Isabelle wouldn't be dead.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Return To TAT