Author Topic: Ontario Election October 6, 2011  (Read 6028 times)

k'in

• View Profile
Ontario Election October 6, 2011
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:39:58 PM »
Rocco Rossi, former Toronto mayoral candidate and Liberal party guy is running for the Ontario PCs?

He was the one that had those Il Duce styled "Bocce Ball" ads which tanked his campaign. 

Seriously, Bob Rae was premier a generation ago and is a Liberal MP these days.  I don't get why he has has a shot at being the next leader of the federal Liberal party but the NDP can never ever ever again form government at Queen's Park.

Bob Rae sucked, but why does the Ontario NDP have to pay penance in perpetuity?  Mike Harris and David Peterson sucked too.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:46:40 PM by k'in »

Mandos

• View Profile
    • http://politblogo.typepad.com/
Re: Ontario Election October 6, 2011
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:52 PM »
Warren Kinsella who backed his mayoralty candidacy is spitting mad about Rossi.

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:15:06 PM »
 :)) Heh.

Their Twitter accounts were filled with stuff like this:
Kinsella: Baranski,  09/14/10: “Rossi’s latest gasping bid to gain attention, mired in 4th place & bordering on irrelevance.”
Baranski: Kinsella, 10/14/10: “Rocco put together an amazing team…and plan. He had it all. A coalition…plus…a smart vision.”
Kinsella: Baranski, 09/15/10: Rossi’s political plan “so unrealistic it seems more a hallucination than a workable vision”
Baranksi: Kinsella, 10/14/10: “It was…a privilege to work for Rocco. I guarantee that we haven’t heard the last of him!” True words!
Kinsella: Baranski 09/13/10: “Is Rossi running for Mayor of Toronto or Mayor of Fantasy Island?”

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:37:59 PM »
The dynamics they are achanging. Horwath gaining

A new poll by Nanos Research, which will be released on Tuesday, shows that support for New Democratic Leader Andrea Horwath is growing, indicating that Premier Dalton McGuinty has to protect his left flank as well.

McFlinty has a 'left flank'?
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
I saw that Tim Hudak has a large lead on McGuinty, and Warren Kinsella reminds us every day on Facebook what a Hudak administration will look like - very much like the Harris regime IIRC.  :o

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 02:41:20 PM »
Well the campaign is stepping up. Between yest. and today I've been asked for money by the NDP/Liberals/Greens. I reported back I am now a Political Atheist.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

pogge

• View Profile
    • Peace, order and good government, eh?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 02:44:15 PM »
Well the campaign is stepping up. Between yest. and today I've been asked for money by the NDP/Liberals/Greens. I reported back I am now a Political Atheist.
I'm an atheist. Can I have some money?

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
I'm political and an atheist.
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

k'in

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
I'm predicting the lowest voter turnout ever.

You have dork #1 (Dalton McGuinty - great campaigner, basically channeling the Steve Harper (fearless leader *devil you know* change is scary platform despite his horrible record "cough" example G20 anybody?), dork # 2 (Tm Hudak - hands down, the biggest doofus that has ever ran for anything, anywhere-0 technical merit, 0 artistic impression).

Then today, Andrea Horwath comes out with her 20% targeted tax credit (goddess, the *tax credit* has to be the most vile concept ever devised).

So apparently the biggest issue facing Ontario-ari-ari-ans at the moment is that corporations are paying too  much tax & that (even more) tax cuts/credits will create jobs!

Wrong

An analysis of Statistics Canada figures by The Globe and Mail reveals that the rate of investment in machinery and equipment has declined in lockstep with falling corporate tax rates over the past decade. At the same time, the analysis shows, businesses have added $83-billion to their cash reserves since the onset of the recession in 2008

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:13:17 PM by k'in »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 07:25:37 PM »
I'm predicting the lowest voter turnout ever.

Then today, Andrea Horwath comes out with her 20% targeted tax credit (goddess, the *tax credit* has to be the most vile concept ever devised).

Hambones, all of them and McSquinty/Horwath's plans are so open to abuse, I'm amazed.

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 09:38:04 PM »
Got a flyer today for the local PC candidate who doesn't have a hope in hell here in Toronto-Danforth. She's a big cricket organizer.  :))
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 07:23:32 PM »
http://www.lfpress.com/news/ontarioelection/2011/10/05/18785721.html

Tory candidate Cheryl Miller blamed her troubles in London-Fanshawe on the unpopularity of Conservative Leader Tim Hudak.
Speaking Wednesday morning to host Steve Garrison of News/Talk 1290 CJBK, Miller said, "It's kind of interesting. I knock at doors and people say, 'I like you, but I don't like your leader.'”
my bold

:boink :fomcl

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »

McSquinty has appointed Witner as new Chair of WSIB, she's a Blue Tory all the way. This is nothing more than McGuinty trying to get a Liberal in her seat so he can have a majority. And McGuinty has done this by sacrificing the disabled workers of Ontario. A Blue Tory masquerading as a Liberal, gets my goat. Hey KPMG, privatization r us eh? http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1169520#article
Gravy Train.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:39:14 PM by Toedancer »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:15 PM »
[/size]As many as 25 electoral districts from a list of 49[/font][/color][/size] may be impacted.[/color][/size]As a precaution, Elections Ontario recommends that Ontarians in the impacted electoral districts monitor and verify their personal transaction statements from governments, financial institutions, businesses and any other institutions to detect any unusual activity.  If any suspicious activities are detected, you are advised to contact those organizations immediately or if you need help finding out whom to call, please call Elections Ontario at 1-888-668-8683, TTY service at 1-888-292-2312 and we will refer you to the appropriate organizations.

[/size]This is in regards to this breach:
[/size]http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/07/17/ontario-voter-data-breach.html

I can't open that file to see if my riding was included.
[/font]

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
The NattyPost says the sticks were not encrypted, not password protected.  :confused  Which is it?
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07/17/memory-sticks-containing-voters-personal-information-go-missing-from-elections-canada-office/

Return To TAT