Author Topic: Regional comments, starting with Tariq Ali  (Read 1794 times)

lagatta

• View Profile
Regional comments, starting with Tariq Ali
« on: February 24, 2011, 01:29:34 AM »
I don't see any thread for general analysis about the region (or overlapping regions), so I thought I'd start this up with Tariq Ali's comment in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/22/arab-1848-us-hegemony-dented

This is an Arab 1848. But US hegemony is only dented                               
With western-backed despots being turfed out politics has changed for ever. So just how far can the revolution spread?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:31:02 AM by lagatta »
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: Regional comments, starting with Tariq Ali
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:51:32 AM »
Well said. I think we all realize  America, Israel and the EU have all conspired to break up the Middle   East into smaller weak states as a deliberate plan so that they could   control the energy resources, the strategy is to keep all energy resources under Western influence under the guise of bringing false democracies. So many crises the U.S./EU/UN/NATO need to fix, Libya is the most recent distraction while Egyptians are sold out of their own revolution.

The  bogeyman al-Qaeda was resurrected today to be in Libya, gee, I guess that means...whatever the 'they' want it to mean to justify whatever action they take.

We also know the IMF/World Banksters/Britain/U.S. Oil Companies will be the new Leaders, but we have to wait to see who the new puppets will be to give the appearance of an actual gob with a HR ministry. Such a joke.
CFR member and Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs William J. Burns is being sent to the ME by Obama to  “intensify our consultation with allies and partners.” Burns is the point man then for the globalist intervention.
There is no people revolution, the globalists are always 10 steps ahead.   :crying

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:53:29 AM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Holly Stick

• View Profile
Re: Regional comments, starting with Tariq Ali
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »
Dan Gardner is more optimistic than some:

...But for many years reality has mocked those who cry doom. And now one of the last holdouts against human progress has been breached by men and women demanding rights and dignity.

Whatever comes, this is a glorious moment.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/opinion/Gardner+Reality+mocks+those+doom/4379153/story.html

Economics is a human creation, borders are human creations and nature doesn’t give a damn about these things. - David Suzuki

Return To TAT