Author Topic: How I learned to stop worrying and love the majority  (Read 4525 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
Re: How I learned to stop worrying and love the majority
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:43 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1131820--drummond-report-higher-hydro-bills-more-user-fees-urged-in-sweeping-report?bn=1

I'm surprised that No One has yet spoken up re: Why not put Education under all one roof? Why is it we are paying multi-millions towards Catholic education? Shouldn't it come under Drummond's report? How come the 4 School systems aren't under attack? We have English Public, French Public, Catholic-French Language Public, and Catholic English  Public. Drummond doesn't mention that in his austerity budget for Ontario. Yet all day kindergarten will go. No sense, no logic, no nothing. Good gawd, this is more than difficult in the next election. I won't support any party that doesn't put it all under one umbrella to save money.

I found NDP Horwath's statements to be needing a life support system. She doesn't really differ from B.C.'s Christy Clark.

P.S. Oops I think I'm in the wrong thread, Debra HELP.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:21:31 PM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2012, 10:54:09 PM »
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1131820--drummond-report-higher-hydro-bills-more-user-fees-urged-in-sweeping-report?bn=1

I'm surprised that No One has yet spoken up re: Why not put Education under all one roof?

I think that led to electoral defeat for the Ontario party that brought that idea up - can't remember when or which party it was.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:09 PM »
I'll prolly be offline by 2015, but we should remember the new seat allocation.  30 more at gawd knows what cost and we still have the Senate, very quiet they are these days. It looks like Harper will assure hisself of another majority. People seem so distracted with left/right and other common b.s. when we should be thinking about the future. Most especially how in the next 5 years major changes will be upon us, changes no politician can tackle, prolly not even the world orgs. So how do we ensure Minority is the way to go? Truly it is the only way. Most maj. democracies have coalitions, it's messy, but more rep. for the people.

P.S. No doubt Harper won't wait for the release of the new census date, which is Feb. 2012.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 10:19:58 PM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Return To TAT