Author Topic: Retirement Living  (Read 2296 times)

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Retirement Living
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »
I just realized I've posted about 'retirement living' in probably half a dozen threads so far - this is an attempt to put it all in one place.

I'm struggling to decide whether to stay put here and rely on help from others and Home Care, or go ahead and put my name on the waiting list for the new retirement home in nearby Natashquan - it's not even built yet, and I don't know what degree of autonomy it will have for residents. There's a lot I need to find out, I'll get my social worker to give me a hand with this.

Does anyone have an online link with resources on making these kind of decisions? Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:08:12 PM by Boom Boom »

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: Retirement Living
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:51:11 PM »
Personally, I'd suggest you do both of those things. No, it isn't unethical; the retirement residence construction will take a while in any event, and you are under no obligation to take it if it doesn't suit you or your needs. Don't worry; it won't go begging. This is just the beginning of the boomer bump.

I'll try to find more information from l'Association québécoise pour les droits des retraitéEs (AQDR) and La Fédération de l'Âge d'or du Québec (FADOQ). I think they have some information in English; if not, I can summarize it for you.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Antonia

• View Profile
    • http://thestar.blogs.com/broadsides/
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »
Get on the list Boom-Boom. What Lagatta said. They won't be building too many of those in your area so grab what you can. Do not waste a second. Do it now.
It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 09:41:21 PM »
Okay, will have to get the information somehow. Thanks!  8)

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 10:20:31 PM »
It's called Résidence Les Douces. here's the website.

Beat the rush and get on it.

Société d’habitation du Québec

It is when we all play safe that we create a world of utmost insecurity. It is when we all play safe that fatality will lead us to our doom. It is in the "dark shade of courage" alone that the spell can be broken.
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:07 PM »
How did you find that so fast???   I've been googling - no luck. Thanks!!!

Antonia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:27 PM »
I am the Goddess of Google  8)
-- Dag Hammarskjöld

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:15 PM »

Return To TAT