Author Topic: IDLE NO MORE!  (Read 9833 times)

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: IDLE NO MORE!
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »
Boom Boom, do you have a source for that splendid photo? I'd like to send it to friends in Europe.

A friend in Montreal sent it to me on Facebook - I think you can "right click" on it and "copy" and then paste into your email carrier.

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 10:34:10 PM »
From Idle No More: A touching moment as Chief Theresa Spence welcomes one of the lead walkers today

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2013, 09:53:21 AM »
From Idle No More:  Nishiyuu round dance @ Parliament Hill!

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »
MP Greg Rickford tried to take the initiative on P&P last night by saying the government welcomes the Long Walkers to Parliament Hill, and then went into a defense of government policies - such as that aboriginal youth received more on a capita basis than non-aboriginal youth for education. That nonsense did not go unanswered - Charlie Angus called the Government a "liar", and Grand Chief Matthew Coon Come, who came on the program later, said that Greg Rickford and others are getting very bad and misleading information. Non-aboriginal children get over $10,000 per capita on education funding, while aboriginal children get around $7,000 per capita. Add to that there are simply not enough schools in the north, and you have a critical education problem in northern reserves.

One of the guests - I forget which one - challenged MP Rickford to go on to a northern reserve and tell them they are getting more money on a per capita basis than non-aboriginal children.  :applause
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:08:21 AM by Boom Boom »

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2013, 11:31:06 AM »
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2013, 01:18:57 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:20:12 PM by Boom Boom »

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2013, 03:57:01 PM »
Thanks, Boom Boom. There is a "sunset ceremony" at Palais des congrès (the big Convention Centre) this evening. Alas it is raining hard and turning very chilly, and I have a job interview on Thursday so can't risk getting ill. I'm sure there are a lot of younger people (including my cousin, who is Indigenous) who will attend.

One of the people commenting on that story said people in Canada would be unaware of how far the protests have spread because of the mass-media blackout here. I disagree, at least in terms of INM supporters, because they immediately developed an autonomous media strategy. I get media alerts all the time from them.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
From my MP today:  Idle No More - OFFICIAL  (facebook group)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 06:17:54 PM by Boom Boom »

Return To TAT