Author Topic: B.C. election/May 14/13  (Read 2950 times)

Toedancer

• View Profile
B.C. election/May 14/13
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:53:55 PM »
Well there seems to be a coalition of the Cons/Libs or coalition of 'free enterprise' to force thru the Northern Gateway and to stop the NDP.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/touch/news/alberta-politics/Thomson+Alberta+Tories+helping+raise+cash/7830013/story.html?rel=847782

I hope this kills the Liberals in B.C., it should, but things are so assbackwards who knows.
The dinner was last night, no idea of how much was raised etc.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/01/18/bc-liberal-fundraiser-calgary.html
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
Re: B.C. election/May 14/13
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:29:45 PM »
This was discussed on P&P tonight - BC Libs getting help from Alberta tories. On that same show, Brad Wall chimed in about resource sharing - he's against it, believes First Nations will benefit from infrastructure spending just like anyone else. Wall is clearly in favour of assimiliation. Oh, and Chief Nepinak wants Harper and the GG to meet with FNs on January 24. And we were shown the letter received from ERII where she abdicated her responsibilities with Canada's FNs.

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 12:02:01 AM »
I forgot about this thread BB; sorry I placed Stockwell working for Christy in other thread, but wow, things are bizarre when it comes to winning and hiring.

I do still get involved politically. I’m helping the B.C. Liberals in the upcoming election. I’m helping the party as a whole just in terms of overall election planning. And I work with a number of existing candidates and wannabe candidates. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/yahoo-exclusive-liberal-ndp-alliance-inevitable-stockwell-day-134751961.html

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:04:25 AM by Toedancer »
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:52:45 AM »
Stockwell Day was on a panel on P&P last night and said he's helping the BC Liberals because he doesn't want the NDP to govern.

In response, Gerry Caplan said the best thing Christy Clark can do right now is pack her bags because she's going to get the bum's rush soon.  :applause

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
from The Mope and Wail: Meet Adrian Dix, the NDP’s comeback kid in B.C.

As well, he is fluently bilingual, having spent some time in France, making him well equipped to reach out to Quebeckers, including his party’s federal leader, Tom Mulcair. But Mr. Dix has already demonstrated an independent streak by openly opposing Mr. Mulcair’s policy on Quebec secession.

He is also expected to take a businesslike, rather than a partisan, approach to relations with the Conservative government in Ottawa.

The biggest bone of contention on that front is the NDP’s opposition to the controversial Northern Gateway proposal for a new pipeline to bring Alberta oil to the coast. However, the party has left the door open to the idea of tripling the output of the existing line. So there are grounds for a compromise – if Prime Minister Stephen Harper is willing to negotiate.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:39:15 PM by Boom Boom »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
Dix drops candidate for Kelowna-Mission pronto! for stuff she said online 2009. Good riddance.

http://www.vancouversun.com/mobile/news/vancouver/candidate+resigns+over+online+comments+about+First/8249873/story.html

On the 2009 forum, a user named Dayleen wrote in a thread entitled “Strip Them of the Status Card.”[/size]
“It’s not the status cards, it’s the fact that we have been paying out of the nose for generations for something that isn’t our doing. If their ancestors sold out too cheaply, it’s not my fault and I shouldn’t have to be paying for any mistake or whatever you want to call it from MY hard earned money.”
Another one of the posts compares the benefits afforded to aboriginal people with claims other abused groups could be making.
“I don’t think anyone is saying that wrongs didn’t happen (incredible wrongs). You could have almost any race, group or ethnic people tell you horrible haunting stories of what happened to them. If someone did me wrong, it’s my right to sue ... as it is everyone else’s.
“Again, how many Jewish, Polish, Russian, Dutch, etc. walked into a gas chamber, were gunned down, raped, tortured and starved to death. . . tell me how many Germans do you know that are handing over a (portion) of their paycheck EVERY month for what happened NOT very long ago. . . “
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:31:23 PM by Toedancer »

lagatta

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:40 AM »
Actually, Germany has been paying a lot of compensation to Holocaust survivors and making amends in many other ways, that cost lots of taxpayers' money.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Boom Boom

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 09:48:15 AM »
2012:  Germany increases reparations for Holocaust survivors

BERLIN (AP) — Sixty years after a landmark accord started German government compensation for victims of Nazi crimes, fund administrators and German officials say payments to Holocaust survivors are needed more than ever as they enter their final years.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:48:51 AM by Boom Boom »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »
This class action begins Monday. It's a pain for the NDP...well maybe.

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2013/03/27/doctors-100-million-class-action-suit-against-bc-government-over-unpaid-fees/

Did B.C.’s NDP government in the 1990s have the right to drop B.C. residents from the health insurance plan if they had failed to pay health insurance premiums?
That’s the issue when a B.C. Supreme Court judge hears arguments in a class-action lawsuit against the B.C. government that starts in April. I previously wrote about the matter last summer.
Hospital doctors will argue they were stiffed for up to $100 million in fees after they treated up to 400,000 patients who were in arrears on their Medical Services Plan (MSP) premiums.

That's the gist of it but there is so much more. Like even now, cutting off the poor from receiving medical services except in emergencies/loss of limb etc., which contravenes the HCA obviously. The NDP began these health premiums in the first place. As well the CRA is involved because the CRA expects the WCB pension recipient to lump in with their pension up to $200.00 for home care and personal care thus raising the Disabled Persons income as if it was part of their total pension. When that is added it suddenly pushes some people over the subsidiary threshold for relief of MSP Premium assistance. No relief and not able to afford the 'real' premiums it's not too long before the collection agencies start calling plus your now on a database saying your in arrears that Doctors can access and those Doctors don't want to deal with you. On top of that the GST and HST deduction would also be disproportionately adjusted. And I have reason to believe this is repeated in other benefit systems of social and health supports for Canadians as well. Quite the anomaly or conundrum.
This information has been sent to Dix/Mulcair/Stoffer/Christy/M of H/CRA/Can. Taxpayers Federation and guess what? Absolutely no one wants to talk about it. Actually one of those persons does want to talk and rectify it but he can't because his leader won't let him. For that reason I will be withholding any support I might otherwise give to the NDP both provincially and federally.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:39:24 PM by Toedancer »

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »
Liberals take majority, with an xtra 5 seats, up to 50 from 45. Pollsters/pundits have some xplaining to do.
Just before bed with only about 5 polls counted I knew they had it, but wow, this is big. Clark lost her seat to an NDP, Green scientist Andrew Weaver first seat in B.C. legislature.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/05/14/bc-liberals-christy-clark-election.html

Return To TAT