Author Topic: Sisters in Sprit  (Read 1321 times)

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Sisters in Sprit
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:33:42 AM »
lagatta:

There are Women's Memorial Marches in many cities, smaller towns, Aboriginal settlements and reserves: http://womensmemorialmarch.wordpress.com/national/

while there are quite a few cities listed, there are also conspicuous absences, and this is a place all Bread and Rosers can post events.

“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

lagatta

• View Profile
Re: Sisters in Sprit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:53:01 AM »
Thanks Debra. It is important to mention Idle No More support to this initiative, but also to keep it here.
" Eure \'Ordnung\' ist auf Sand gebaut. Die Revolution wird sich morgen schon \'rasselnd wieder in die Höhe richten\' und zu eurem Schrecken mit Posaunenklang verkünden: \'Ich war, ich bin, ich werde sein!\' "
Rosa Luxemburg

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Hey Debra, are we Spriting or spiriting? I'm spriting all the way across and uptown for an appt. See ya later, have fun kids.
"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
Re: Sisters in Spirit
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
meh I dk I just copied and pasted.  :p
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

Toedancer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »

“Idle No More is inviting people to join in creating an inclusive Valentines and organize community events to coincide with The Women’s Memorial March ( A national campaign for missing and murdered Indigenous women) One Billion Rising (an international campaign to stop violence against women and girls) and Have a Heart Day (an initiative to support Indigenous children). Candle light vigils, teach-ins, rallies, round dances, marches and other creative acts of awareness, resistance and solidarity are being encouraged.”

http://my.firedoglake.com/wendydavis/2013/02/09/on-valetines-day-strike-dance-rise-be-idle-no-more/

"Democracy is not the law of the majority, it's the protection of the minority." -Albert Camus 1913-1960

Return To TAT