Author Topic: The I hate Bell/Rogers/Cogeco etc thread  (Read 48088 times)

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pogge.ca
The I hate sympatico thread
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »
I think my sympatico mail is coming in to OE (a lot of spam so far) but not into Thunderbird. My pogge mail is coming in to Thunderbird but not into OE.

And I am now here by grace (pffft!) of IE because about twenty minutes ago, Firefox started getting the ole proxy server announcement on every site.

Y'see? I was right to wait before I faced that dreaded phone call. Things can always get worse.  *fume*

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 26, 2010, 01:24:24 PM »
Debra, this is about the video of the smart and brave young man at Allan Gardens yesterday.

I speak to you at the moment from beautiful downtown Internet Explorer, but that could change soon (if I have anything to do with it), back to Firefox. Over the last couple of days I've discovered that when I first attempt to open Firefox (in the mornings, or after a crash), I get the proxy-server error, and I have to switch to IE. But if I wait a little while and try Firefox, it's there, and I much prefer Firefox, for reasons that would be a distraction atm.

So anyway, there I was, in Firefox, happily composing my POGGE post on the nice young man at Allan Gardens, and I had just got the video embedded and saved, plus previewed -- it was there, and viewable -- when compy crashed. (I had a lot of tabs open, and my email scan always makes life hell at lunch, etc.)

So I come back and try to head back into the POGGE back door by Firefox, but ... server-proxy error. So I switch to IE, get in POGGE  back door, get ready to publish but decide I should do a preview one more time. Click on preview -- I get a question: do I want Flash Player to view this video? (Let's leave content of that question for later.) I say no, because ... well, because I didn't need it before, and there are other issues. So then my preview comes up, and the space for the vid is there, but no vid! So then I go to YouTube to watch vid, and YouTube is telling me I can't watch it because I don't have Flash Player. But I know I've watched it before.

So ... I tries Firefox. Presto chango, it is working again. I go back to POGGE back door, do a preview, vid is there and playable, and I publish. I check on site, and I can watch vid all the way through.

And then compy crashes again, and so here I am again, in beautiful downtown Internet Explorer. For now.

Debra

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • April Reign
« Reply #227 on: June 26, 2010, 02:41:19 PM »
aha flash *damn maybe apple has it right to be so down on flash--nobody heard me say that*

I've tried a couple of times to update and get an error on firefox but it updated on IE fine.
“Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive.” —  Josephine Hart

skdadl

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: The I hate Bell/Rogers/Cogeco etc thread
« Reply #228 on: August 27, 2010, 05:37:45 AM »
*BUMP* for Toe.

Return To TAT